[SPARCbook] Re: Possible Source for Mini-26 to AUI cables

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Sat Aug 14 11:56:51 CDT 1999

On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 11:28:22AM -0600, Martin Marshall wrote:
> There is a possible source of Mini-26 to AUI cables.  It is:
>
> A-1 Net Inc.
> 909-595-0450

Yup, got mine today.  Looks pretty new, if not completely new.  Works fine, too.
Was only $18 + $7 RPS ground shipping, ordered on 8/10/99.  Usual 90 days
warranty (repair/replace), 30 days (credit or exchange), etc.  Now I have a
multi-homed notebook.  Fun!  Now to find a decent source for those short SIMMS..

I must say that le0 is noticeably faster than that 3c589c card.  PCMCIA ain't
all that grand anyway (CardBus is nicer, but newer).

> They are out of stock, but the lady says that they can special order and
> get them in 3 - 5 days.  I have never done business with this company,
> so caveat emptor.

Oddly, they weren't out of stock when I called (shortly after I read about 'em).
Guess they got somebody to drop-ship or something.

Reagen