[rescue] Truckload of Sun gear

Nemo Nusquam cym224 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 12:24:54 CDT 2019

On 06/06/19 13:03, David Strom wrote:
> ... maybe a mini-van's worth.   We would need someone to come & get this.  And, I'm not 100% sure how we'll get permission for this, but it's all old unused stuff.  So, if someone wants to come & pick this up, we'll work to get it done.    Palisades NY 10964, so you have an idea where.   We just hate to dispose of it via normal channels, it will get junked.  Oh, and free as in beer,  if we can work it through the bureaucracy.
I wish you the best of luck with this.  (I am too far away to consider
asking for any of this.)

My employer is nothing short of paranoid.  I recall walking past several
skids of Sun, HP, and IBM servers in the DC a few years ago.  There was
no way of prying any of them out of the hands of Legal.  Normal
channels: The drives were removed and shredded, and the boxes were sold
to a reseller.  (One sysadmin told me that it took months for Legal to
allow even that.)

N.