[rescue]   Sun Ultra5 emulation, was: more sun2 adventures!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jan 8 18:39:37 CST 2019

On 1/8/19 5:31 PM, Andrew Luke Nesbit wrote:
>> Yep, the 10s tend to be rarer and hence more expensive and will I guess
>> increase as they become harder to find...
>
> Why is this the case?  Is there something about the Ultra 10 in
> particular that makes them particularly desirable?  Or are they prone to
> fail more quickly?  What's behind this proposition?  :-)

  The Ultra5 and the Ultra10 are actually both fairly crappy machines,
as Sun hardware goes.  Among their worse/cheapest/thinnest sheet metal
designs.  I've accidentally crushed an Ultra10 by putting a
not-too-heavy box on top of it, whereas fat-ass me can STAND on an
Ultra2 or an Ultra60 with no ill effects.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA