[rescue] longtime lurker and a nice score.

Steven M Jones smj+rescue at crash.com
Sat Aug 24 16:25:13 CDT 2019

On 08/24/2019 13:49, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> What is the SC2000e, is that big brother of the SC1000 that took up to 8x
> SM51 to SM81 modules?

Yes, the SPARCcenter 2000 was a tall cabinet Sun-4d system with 10 XD
bus slots and up to 20 CPUs. Sun produced a limited number of SM91 and
SM92 CPU modules which I believe were only supposed to be used in the
SC2000(e)...

The big brother of the SC2k was the Cray 6400, which evolved into the
E10k line.

I gave up a SPARCserver 1000 around 2003-4 when I learned the 1000e had
a slightly faster interconnect. I collected all the (different) system
boards, SM81 CPUs and memory, but I never got my hands on an SS1000e
cabinet/chassis...

--S.