[rescue] =?iso-8859-1?Q?RE:_=5Brescue=5D =A0_Need_other_Solaris_8_=282/04=29_disk_?= ISOs

rumbeard at mac.com rumbeard at mac.com
Fri Oct 5 07:00:22 CDT 2018

Speaking of branding the one I always liked the best was version 2.5.1.
Instead of saying SunOS something or other it simply spat out

UNIX System V Revision 4.0

login:

I can remember the giggles and consummate joy the first time I logged into
my 486/66 running my x86 $99 student copy in my dorm room.  I even cut the
cardboard sun logos off the outer shipping box and glued them in my PC logo
square.  I had the same OS as the University had on their big Center 2000's,
3000's and later 6000's.

Of course after several years and a 5x86 133 upgrade I painted the thing
black and put a NeXT logo in the same spot.