[rescue] We have decided to rehome the Origin 2000

James B DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Sun May 13 08:19:34 CDT 2018

On Wed, 09 May 2018 01:19:51 +0000
PhreakShow Telephone Company <phreakshowtelco at gmail.com> wrote:

> My gf and I have been talking and we think its best if we rehome the
> Origin 2000,  We do not have the power available it requires to even
> start to restore it.   And our township has enough red tape and
> permit bs that getting our service upgraded to handle it would take a
> miracle.
>
> So we are only asking to recoup the costs we have into it.   About
> $350.
>
> We want it to go to someone who will take the time to restore it and
> bring it back to its former glory.
>
> We are located in Mid Michigan

Tongue mostly in cheek here, but I see pot legalization on the
ballot in Michigan this November. Get with the local wheeler-dealer(s)
and tell them you want to get a grow operation ready to "get in on the
ground floor". You might be surprised at the help you may get cutting
through the red tape. ;-)

More seriously, is there maybe a local hacker/makerspace you can join?
They share the power, you share the wealth, everybody benefits. Just a
thought. Nothing like that around here; embarrassing themselves on FB is
the highest ambition of most, and people would mostly walk off with your
stuff. Hopefully different where you are.

regards,
jbdigriz