[rescue] Sad news about Forrest Black

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed May 9 12:34:42 CDT 2018

  This is awful news.  Forrest will be missed by all.  I'm sorry for how
close to home this hit you, Pete.

  RIP Forrest Black, "Furriest Baloney".

           -Dave

On 05/08/2018 08:54 PM, Peter Wargo wrote:
> All,
>
> Many of you on this list know Forrest.  Sadly, he passed away last Tuesday.
> By all appearances, he went to bed and died of a heart attack without waking
> up.
>
> Forrest was a good guy, always there for his friends, and a font of knowledge.
> We knew each other for over 20 years, and he was one of the most honest and
> trustworthy people Ibve ever met.  Not only was he a fan of old hardware and
> computing in general, he was also an accomplished cook - both on the grill and
> on the stove - who delighted in making tasty treats and sharing them with
> friends.
>
> Sadly, Forrest had no b
biologicalb
 family.  But, he had all of us.  He was
Uncle Forrestb
 to the children of his close friends, and for a guy who
> never had kids of his own, he did an admirable job of entertaining them and
> earning their love.  Come to think of it, he did so for the adults in his life
> as well. :-)
>
> While he was only 56, and went too quickly for our taste, I will say this:
> Forrest lived his life on his own terms, no regrets.  He was the person he
> wanted to be, he treated others as he wanted to be treated, and while at times
> he insisted that he was a b
lonerb
, he certainly had a wide circle of
> adopted b
familyb
 as well as friends.

> He was a brother to me, and I will miss him dearly.  He was there for Chandra
> and I many times when we needed him for support, friendship, and (of course!)
> basenji-sitting duties.
>
> So, when you can, lift a glass to him.  As another close friend said, b
The
> world just lost some of its brightness.b

> -Pete Wargo

Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA