[rescue] Kai's Power Tools for UNIX

Derrik Walker v2.0 dwalker at doomd.net
Thu Feb 15 18:28:01 CST 2018

On 02/15/2018 07:20 PM, Andrew Liles wrote:

> In a similar vein, I have seen Photoshop for SGI/IRIX floating around
> but I understand that this did also get released for Solaris. Is this
> lost to time?

Back in the mid-'90's I used Photoshop on a Sparc 20, it was SO fast
compared to the Mac and PC version I had at the time.

Well that is until I got to run it on an Indigo 2 ( I wanna say it was
an R4400, forget the Mhz ).B  And that was SO fast until I got to use it
on a PPC604 Powermac ....

Well, you see where it's going. But I don't really miss Photoshop. I'm
not an artist, and it was always a PIA.B  Now I use Image Magic for 99%
of the stuff I used to do in Photoshop, and it's pretty damn fast on my
Ryzen based Linux system, at least for now ...

- Derrik

Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
dwalker at doomd.net

"Those UNIX guys, they think weird!" -- John C. Dvorak

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]