[rescue] Old Monitors

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 19:16:43 CST 2018

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:09 PM, Mouse <mouse at rodents-montreal.org> wrote:
>> People don't seem to understand (or don't care enough) that this is
>> how things become "rare".

Going from a house to a trailer meant somethings weren't going to make
it. I'm just glad I still have a Sunblade 2500 Silver to work with. If
I had the money for a second cpu & more ram I'd be even happier :)

> As someone who's dropped big heavy CRTs during moves recently:  I know
> exactly that's how the things become rare.  But, unfortunately (for me
> as well everyone else here), service to the hobby far too often loses
> to being able to fit everything into an affordable place.
>
> Seems to me there's a market - a small niche market, but still - for
> new CRT monitors.  Anyone looking for a business plan?

I'd simply enjoy having a breakout box that could take various old
school video (13w3, 3bnc, etc) and make an output suitable for a cheap
LCD. I realize that's probably even more difficult than I think it
would be but still.

--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.