[rescue] Solaris 11 SMF oddity

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Mon Sep 11 01:06:36 CDT 2017

Hello Phil,

I'm sure you have probably already checked this, but I am curious anyway,
specifically regarding your "bacula" service.

I'm sure that any Bacula daemons would create log files that would probably
provide some assistance and insight, but I am specifically wondering if you have
checked the "bacula service" log file.

i.e., when you are logged in as root, and do something like/similar to this:

# svcs -l bacula

typically, the 4th line from the bottom list the location for the log file for
the bacula service.

More often than not, if the daemon log file itself won't provide specific
insight as to why it won't stay running, the service fault management log file
will typically provide insight as to why the daemon won't stay running after the
fault management services try (and fail) xxxx number of times.

Good luck,

Jerry