[rescue] SPARC10 died today

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Nov 30 15:29:18 CST 2017

On 11/30/2017 03:49 PM, john wrote:
> What else could I consider?BB  I don't know if my application which runs
> on SunOS 4.1.4 will run on a SPARC5. They weren't out yet when
> application was published.BB  Any ideas there?

  On this I can tell you there's almost no chance of a problem there.
Underlying CPU implementation features are barely even exposed under
SunOS, much less able to be depended upon by userland software.

  Heck, I've even run SunOS4 32-bit BSD-based binaries under SysV-based
Solaris on 64-bit UltraSPARC systems.  I know I've done that under
Solaris 9, not sure if I've done it on 10 or not.

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA