[rescue] Looking for an LGA1366 motherboard

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Mar 23 18:02:18 CDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 06:25:06PM +0100, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
>> I have a couple of LGA1366 Xeons here and I'd love to build a
>> VM-host box...

and.. it looks like the most expensive part of these builds is
going to be the CPU coolers.  Cheapest I can find is around $25/socket.
My total expenditure on CPUs and motherboards so far is right around
$100.  I may not be able to build everything out into functional
systems after all, if CPU cooling is going to cost me $200 on top
of that...

(already got power supplies and a couple of cases, RAM, HDs, etc.)

bah!  humbug.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford