[rescue] Does anyone know what the Comparex 7/71 was?

Ed Thierbach ethierba at umich.edu
Wed Jun 28 11:42:35 CDT 2017

The run and stop buttons (green and red) remind me of an !BM minicomputer
console, we had 'em on the 4341 IIRC.  The keyboard layout is similar to an
IBM 3270-series terminal, but I can't tell if there are PA1 and PA2 keys.

Also, this page shows "OS as IBM":
http://www.roylongbottom.org.uk/mips.htm#anchorComparex ... so I'm
wondering if it was an IBM mainframe or mini compatible system of some
sort.  Maybe a hardware replacement for an EOL mainframe or mini, so the
power plant could continue to run its legacy software.

All pure conjecture. :-)
-Ed-