[rescue] Desk-height DEC "half rack"?

J dbster at comcast.net
Sun Jan 22 11:41:01 CST 2017

So I couldn't resist, even though this is not a helpful response. Attached is a scan of an original 8.5 x 11 handout for a DEC DataSystem 330. The back says (c) 1973. It was basically a PDP-8/e system for MBAs instead of engineers. The relevance is that is shows something like the subject cabinet in question. On the left is I suspect an RK05, then dual DECtapes in the half rack, a VT52 on the table top, and a Centronics 101 (I don't recall what DEC called it). Note the computer itself is hidden (no color coded octal grouped register switches, no 12 bits of blinking incandescent lights); that's why it is for MBAs.

I have a working PDP-8/e with an RK05 running OS/8.
I have a VAXstation 4000/60 stuffed with 72 Mb running VMS 7.0 and on-line on the internet using good old UCX.