[rescue] Desk-height DEC "half rack"?

Connor Krukosky connork at connorsdomain.com
Sun Jan 22 08:51:48 CST 2017

On 1/21/2017 11:16 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 09:31:10AM -0700, alex d wrote:
>> Yes. It was an option for the LSI11/03 and the LSI11/23, and it was
>> called a
>> desk side enclosure (for the part number look into the DEC 1983
>> Handbook).
>>
>> Designed to house the CPU and dual RX floppy drives, it's often shown
>> in DEC
>> literature with a terminal sitting on top...
>
> I can't even find a picture of one via Google right now.  Wow.
>
> Bill

Lurker here, thought I would chime in since I know EXACTLY the half rack
you are talking about. There one or two of them on eBay a year or so ago.
One had an 11/03 in it and the other I think was a slightly taller
design (still wood grain surface on top) with two RL/01 (or 02) drives
in them.
This is the only photo I have been able to find online.
11/03, dual RX floppies, and a VT52 on top just as you described.

http://i.imgur.com/K1eMkSY.jpg

-Connor K