[rescue] Looking for copy of "Sunmos" or "OSF/1 AD"

Barry Keeney barryk at chaoscon.com
Tue Oct 18 15:21:04 CDT 2016

    Quick check Stephen, hasn't been at Sandia for years, his
linkedin shows him at HP now (another company I've worked at):

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-wheat-7818b66

    Looking at some of the Sandia software sites shows that they're
still working on lightweight kernels developed from what they've
learned with "Sunmos", one of them might be interesting, Kitten
is one...

    Searching Sandia's internal sites (I have access, don't
ask how :^) I haven't been able to find out where or if Sunmos
is still out there for download. It's several generations behind
more current software they're working on so it might have been
removed from the internal download sites because it's so old.

    When I was at Sandia, I was working with Cougar, and it
was a bit old at the time, Cplant was the new system they were
developing then. I remember Cplant started off as a dual boot
Microsoft/Linux Cluster, but MicoSoth sucked Soooo bad it wasn't
long before the hardware was switched to just Linux.

    I've got some emails out to old co-workers who might know
when it might be saved, I haven't heard back from them yet.