[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 160, Issue 22

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 31 07:50:36 CDT 2016

On 03/30/2016 12:57 PM, Fred wrote:
> I would love to have my own mainframe.  I've missed the boat a couple of
> times, only being outbid by stupid small amounts.  Someday ...
>
> They really don't show up often in Ohio ...

  Heh, try living in Florida.  ZERO hardware down there.  I started
swimming in hardware pickups since I moved to Pittsburgh.  (which is
right next door to Ohio!)

> Probably don't have room for a machine of this caliber until I build the
> "workshop" on the back of the house .... but as another poster said
> further down this digest, an MP3000 would fit nicely ....

  You live in the "rust belt"...get a real building!  That's what I did.
(two, in fact)  I don't know why any "thinking people" bother with
houses anymore.  Tiny little rooms, tiny hallways, tiny power feeds,
huge prices.  Barf!

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ