[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 160, Issue 22

Fred fred at MISER.MISERNET.NET
Wed Mar 30 11:57:08 CDT 2016

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

> Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 22:46:41 +0100
> From: Michael-John Turner <mj at mjturner.net>
> Subject: [rescue] 'I just Bought an IBM z890 - Now What?'

> Thought the list would appreciate this:
>
>  "Connor Krukosky is an 18 year old college student with a hobby of
>   collecting vintage computers. One day, he decided to buy his own
>   mainframe...an IBM z890. This is his story.
>
>   Connor's presentation 'I just Bought an IBM z890 - Now What?' - was
>   featured at SHARE in San Antonio in March, 2016. For more info about the
>   event, visit www.share.org/sa"

I would love to have my own mainframe.  I've missed the boat a couple of
times, only being outbid by stupid small amounts.  Someday ...

They really don't show up often in Ohio ...

Probably don't have room for a machine of this caliber until I build the
"workshop" on the back of the house .... but as another poster said
further down this digest, an MP3000 would fit nicely ....

Fred