[rescue] Looking to buy functioning Hayes Chronograph

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 3 12:31:47 CST 2016

On 03/03/2016 08:47 AM, Karen Commins wrote:
> Dave!! Thank you sooo much! I BOUGHT IT!!!!

  Excellent, congrats!  I'm sure your hubby will love it.  What an
extremely thoughtful gift.

> I felt like a child on Christmas morning to open my digest email and
> see all of your wonderful replies. I'm over the moon with excitement
> to also find and BUY the prize!
>
> I can't believe that you found that eBay listing of a Hayes
> Chronograph! It never came up in my eBay searches, probably because
> I've been using the eBay app which doesn't seem to search the
> description. Even if I had seen it, I would have wondered if that item
> was right since the description also said scanner.
>
> The picture looks right, though, and the place offers a 30-day return. SOLD!!!

  Sounds good.  Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the right one.

> Dave, you also said:
>
> <<It's cool to be almost-in-touch with a software developer from
> Hayes. It's very likely that I've run a lot of the code he wrote while
> he was there. Here's a hats-off to him!>>
>
> Thanks for that! I'll pass on your comments to him once he unwraps his
> new toy. You may also have talked to him during his ham operator days.
> He has the call sign N4XOK.

  Great!  AK4HZ here.  I had a long stretch (~20 years) of being off the
air but I may have chatted with him as KA2UZK in the 1980s.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA