[rescue] Looking to buy functioning Hayes Chronograph

Karen Commins karen at karencommins.com
Thu Mar 3 07:47:36 CST 2016

Dave!! Thank you sooo much! I BOUGHT IT!!!!

I felt like a child on Christmas morning to open my digest email and
see all of your wonderful replies. I'm over the moon with excitement
to also find and BUY the prize!

I can't believe that you found that eBay listing of a Hayes
Chronograph! It never came up in my eBay searches, probably because
I've been using the eBay app which doesn't seem to search the
description. Even if I had seen it, I would have wondered if that item
was right since the description also said scanner.

The picture looks right, though, and the place offers a 30-day return. SOLD!!!

Dave, you also said:

<<It's cool to be almost-in-touch with a software developer from
Hayes. It's very likely that I've run a lot of the code he wrote while
he was there. Here's a hats-off to him!>>

Thanks for that! I'll pass on your comments to him once he unwraps his
new toy. You may also have talked to him during his ham operator days.
He has the call sign N4XOK.

Deepest thanks also to Bob for pointing me to this list and for
resisting the urge to buy a second unit! :) My husband actually saw my
FB comment under your picture of the Chronograph. I told him you
basically said "Good luck finding one", but I didn't tell him the rest
of your message. It will be our secret. :)

Karen