[rescue] Sun T5240 power supply failure?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Tue Mar 1 01:22:47 CST 2016

I had the power supply pass on the Sun T1000 that I purchased from Mr Bill,
shortly after purchasing it.   It didn't die in as grand of fashion as yours
did, and in reality, it (kind of) didn't die at all.

What it did was to fill the /var/adm/message file with thousands of entries of
low -5V power (I believe).

Did a similar post here on the Sun rescue list.

Quite a few pointers to places that might repair the power supply for me, but
none panned out.

I ended up purchasing a (new to me) used power supply on eBay, and my T1000 has
been running fine ever since.

Food for thought,

Jerry