[rescue] For rescue: Sun 3/280 "well equipped"

Adam Kropelin adam at kroptech.com
Sun Jul 17 18:14:40 CDT 2016

Need to make some space so it is time to pass my 3/280 on to a new owner.
It "worked when parked" which was about 8 years ago. Nicely equipped with
4x8MB RAM cards, color framebuffer, etc. The "etc" best I can recall
includes a keyboard and various other cards including a serial port
multiplexer with rack mount breakout. I think there's a dedicated Ethernet
card and probably a few other cards. I believe it was running NetBSD last I
had it operational but I also had SunOS 4.1.1 on it at one point so it
might have that. Power supply is completely original so I have to think it
could do with a refurb before powering it up.

Pick up only as I'm not crazy enough to try to ship this behemoth.

Rochester, NY area.  Would appreciate a cc on any replies in case I don't
get a chance to check the list closely.

--Adam