[rescue] SCSI2SD formatting

CLIFFORD HAIGHT klemish at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 12:47:28 CST 2016

I picked one of these up after buy some larger scsi drive and having them not
last long....
As I understand SunOS has limitation of 2GB per partition but the root
partition must be 1 gb and first.

So there by to get the biggest drive I cam up with something like

Cylinder: 1567, Head: 255, Track: 399585, Sector Size: 512, Sector/Track: 63
bytes = 12889013760, kb = 12586927.5, MB=12586928,GB=12GB

so in theory a format.dat entry would looks something like this based on my
understanding

disk_type="codesrc 12" \
     : ctlr = SCSI : fmt_time = 4 \
     : ncyl = 1565 : acyl = 2 : ncyl= 1567 \
     : nhead = 255 : nsect = 25173855 : rpm = 7200 \
     : bpt = 32256 : bps = 512 \

partition="codesrc 12" \
     : c = 0, 10046256184125

Does this track...     I am a little confused on the partition.    I would
assume that partions would need to be end to end, this is the case with linux.
However many of the examples I have looked at overlap.
I would assume the block mapping would need to be something like

  0,837188015343.75

  837188015344.75,1674376030688.5
  0,10046256184125

  1674376030689.5,3348752061377

3348752061378,5023128092065.5

  5023128092066.5,6697504122754

6697504122755,8371880153442.5

  8371880153443.5,10046256184125
I tried setting the disk label to SUN2.1 but for whatever reason I seem to be
running out of room way to quick using the default partitioning scheme    I
haven't hit this road block on my physical drive Conner (SUN1.02) drive also
using the default partition layout.