[rescue] newest rescue (failure/success/failure)

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Sat Feb 13 14:18:13 CST 2016

Hi,

Hope you are not getting bored with all of my adventures :)

I found a few problems with my setup:
- the network server I use is multiple homed and bootparamd gave the IP
address of the wrong interface
- nfsd somehow does not register with rpcbind, unless I do a second nfsd (with
-r flag) (this is on FreeBSD)
- NetBSD 5.2.3 also gives me a kernel panic

Since I do have the 3.0 boot prom, why not go for SunOS 4.1.1_U1 after all? I
have the original CD for sun3/sun3x.

I found an old CD-player (512k blocks) and gave it SCSI id 6. Tried a b
sd(0,30,3) but alas it does not boot. Maybe it is just the lens that is dirty,
it does seem to find the device. Well, that is something for another time.

Walter.