[rescue] New SPARCStation 10 owner, needs help with some issues though.

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Sun Feb 7 03:46:34 CST 2016

I can't help with the linux issues, but I'm having a couple of problems myself
getting this properly mounted.

I first did this, which generated this error

# lofiadm -a Patches_4_0_16_D1.iso
lofiadm: size of Patches_4_0_16_D1.iso is not a multiple of 512
#

Then this got me just a bit further along.

# dd if=Patches_4_0_16_D1.iso of=Patches_4_0_16_D1-512.iso obs=512 conv=sync

# lofiadm
Block Device             File                          	Options
/dev/lofi/1              Patches_4_0_16_D1-512.iso	-
#

So I'm now able to address it now as a block device.

Still unable to successfully mount.

# mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/lofi/1 /mnt
hsfs mount: /dev/lofi/1 is not an hsfs file system.
#
# fstyp -a /dev/lofi/1
unknown_fstyp (no matches)
#

I'm doing this in between other fun while waiting for events to transpire during
my change window at $WORK, so I probably need to play with this a little bit later.

Jerry