[rescue] newest rescue

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Wed Feb 3 23:59:48 CST 2016

Romain Dolbeau <romain at dolbeau.org> wrote:
> And I'm really jealous of the 3/470, like everyone. I have a 4/330, and I
> love those big, ungainly, *noisy* beasts of a system. Lucky you.

Seconded all teh way. Big *is* beautiful, at least in this Ressort :).
The Computer collection at my University has a SPARCserver 670/MP, which I helped dust off and get demonstratable. Impressive!
Biggest piece of Sun kit I own is a SPARCserver 1000 (dumpster rescue @Univ, came with 2 CPUs installed on 2 System boards) which nicely doubles as a space heater.
(Up there along with it are a HP 9000/K100 which still has to see first power in my Hands and which I also expect to emit some impressive noise since it has two large radial fans in the bottom, and a VAXstation II/GPX for which I have to solder up a proper KVM cable and install the ESDI Harddisk and controller I already have. That one already netbooted NetBSD with a kludged-up KVM adaptor once, to confirm it will be worth the while.)

BTW, my SS1000 is still missing its light grey plastic front. Anybody have one of these spare? TIA!

So Long,

Arno, DO 4 NAK