[rescue] Linux wet paint, was Re: Spark10 CPU question (must fix - SPARC damnit :-) )

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Fri Dec 23 19:14:57 CST 2016

On 12/23/2016 07:56 PM, John Hudak wrote:
[CRF]> "At some point, I really want to try lighting up a fuzzball."

> ????!???

    No offence meant, but I thought these things were common knowledge.
It took a good ten minutes for the convulsive laughter from the response
to quiet down, and I understand (now) that it read rather oddly to the
uninitiated, and I apologise for that.

    Here's an intro:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzzball_router

    Sorry for the confusion, but sometimes somebody's got to do it to
keep interest in history up.

    Among other things that fuzzballs did is that they were the
earliest hosts that supported what would become NTP.  Think of them
as ancient history.

    (Dammit, I still have the giggles.)

    Cheers!