[rescue] Linux wet paint, was Re: Spark10 CPU question (must fix - SPARC damnit :-) )

Nick B nick at pelagiris.org
Fri Dec 23 10:37:37 CST 2016

Every time I read that list of "Debunked" "myths" I'm more convinced that
systemd should be dumped at the first available chance.  It reminds me of
nothing more than DJB's twisted nightmare of an ecosystem, where debugging
a simple problem will take all week.  My last fight was systemd and limits
- for anyone who faces this in the future the way you modify limits for
systemd is not /etc/security/limits.conf like on every other linux system,
and is instead /etc/systemd/system/servicename.service.d/limits.conf, with
poorly documented syntax.  Good luck figuring that out on your own.
Nick