[rescue] VAX 11/750s - Re: Linux wet paint, was Re: Spark10 CPU question (must fix - SPARC damnit :-) )

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 00:32:09 CST 2016

Replacements? You basically got only 4 options, these days. And I don't
think android is a replacement for solaris- how'd we get on that... ;)

The 11/750s seem to all develop some kind of power supply gremlins.
Definitely a weak point.

As of last week it was happily runing, but one of the supplies died on
Wednesday- I disconnected the logic today in preparation for load testing.

Fingers crossed it's just caps, but I definitely smelled something funny.

Anyone else out there have experience with these seemingly tempermental
supplies?

Cheers,

- Ian