[rescue] ADM3-A lower case ROM

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Wed Dec 14 13:17:57 CST 2016

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [rescue] ADM3-A lower case
ROM
From: John Hudak <jjhudak at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, December 13, 2016 10:42 pm
To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>

Ummm, yea, I seem to remember
something about a jumper tht needed to be
soldered on the male DB25 because
the ADM3 with the lc ROMS needed to
have
a signal jumpered.... too far back in
time to remember....

Also, IIRC, the dip switch settings were different for a
ADM3 and the
ADM3+. Also there was an anniversary version of the ADM3+ that
had
different settings/functions than the other two. I'd make sure you have
the correct manual for the model you have. I don't remember anything
else
having to be done other than changing some dip switches.

You said something
about when you connected it to the Sun....this is
really
a dumb terminal and
termcap had to be set up correctly and is different
from a VT100 (which in my
world was 'the standard')... Unfortunately I
don't remember the nuances of the
termcap off the top of my
head....Googling my shed some light on it.

Good
luck!
John

----

It appears I'm short a couple of 2102 RAM chips - there are
two empty
sockets on the MB, and a post on classiccmp related that the
symptoms I'm seeing are a RAM problem - specifically missing RAM :-)

Anyone
have a couple of 2102 static RAM chips they can part with, or a
quick tip on
where to buy them?

Hopefully that should resolve the issue. I'll report back
when I have
the RAM.

Thanks for the help,

Steve