[rescue] [geeks] Solaris being discontinued? Rumors flying

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Dec 4 23:30:43 CST 2016

On 12/04/2016 10:37 AM, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> Have you looked at Devuan?  Debian, but with the systemd parts pulled out.

  Oh!  No I hadn't, thanks for the pointer!

> FWIW, I've used Ubuntu on my desktop for a while now (because it
> actually supports the latest Nvidia drivers, makes it easy to install
> non-FOSS software, isn't the flaming pile that RedHat produces, etc),

  I honestly have no idea why anyone runs RedHat.  Sure, I get the whole
support idea, but that seems like repeatedly hitting oneself in the head
with a hammer and then defending the behavior by saying, "it's ok, the
hammer's got SUPPORT!"

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ