[rescue] [geeks] Solaris being discontinued? Rumors flying

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sun Dec 4 09:37:58 CST 2016

Have you looked at Devuan?  Debian, but with the systemd parts pulled out.

FWIW, I've used Ubuntu on my desktop for a while now (because it
actually supports the latest Nvidia drivers, makes it easy to install
non-FOSS software, isn't the flaming pile that RedHat produces, etc),
and put up with systemd (which I mostly ignore, but I am not happy
with), but have never touched Unity.  There are other working window
managers on it (Xfce is what I tend to use, since I started having
issues with KDE).