[rescue] Replacement NVRAM/clock for IPX, success + question

Steve Rikli sr at genyosha.net
Wed Sep 23 13:30:50 CDT 2015

> Related question: is it possible to recover the original hostid/MAC from
> the barcode on the original chip?

In theory, yes:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc/2001/09/04/0002.html

YMMV on the quality of the printing on the NVRAM chip, of course, but
I was able to use these notes to come up with the data for my Classic.
At least, I think I got it right.

Not that it matters much, as you say, since making something up is
fine; but "getting it right" did make me feel better.  :-)