[rescue] sun x4450 showing half the ram...

Jeremy Towers jeremy.towers at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:59:08 CDT 2015

 By default, Xen hypervisor along with 32-bit kernels on OEL5/RHEL5
are running in 32-bit mode. Only the first 16GB of the physical memory
can be accessed by Xen in 32-bit mode. You can verify  it by the
command 'xm dmesg', e.g.:
#xm dmesg
(XEN) WARNING: Only the first 16 GB of the physical memory map can be accessed
(XEN) by Xen in 32-bit mode. Truncating the memory map...
Regards

Jeremy ~(_8^(|)

Jeremy Towers