[rescue] Good SOHO router for ASDL? (was: what is this traffic?)

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Wed Nov 4 10:02:39 CST 2015

On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 08:51:10AM -0500, Mouse wrote:

> My own PPPoE endpoint is a PC Engines ALIX.2 with a SanDisk "2G"
> (actually only some 1953M, of course, grr) flash drive.

Those are supposed to run OpenBSD pretty well and if I were to use a generic
PC to try to set up a router I think those would be pretty high on my
list. If they were cheaper and I had some money I would try setting one
up.

> As for cool-running, I don't know how much power things are
> dissipating, but it's not much.  The modem is warm to the touch; the
> PCEngines box is barely detectably warm - and that's with something
> sitting on it.

Yeah, but I was thinking heat and noise from a Sun V210. So an ALIX would be
fine :-)

Thanks.