[rescue] What is this traffic?

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Sun Nov 1 06:21:42 CST 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 01:00:46PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Along those same lines, have you tried different ports on switch and/or
> router? What about a different cable run?

Tried all of the above. The flashing light moves to whatever switch port
the router is plugged into. Changing the router port itself doesn't change
the light flashing in place.

> It could be bad wire causing resends or a bad port on either device.

I used a new cable and get exactly the same results, in various combinations
of ports. Also, the performance is equally bad in all combinations.

The only thing I haven't done is test a new cable from the wall to the
router because it is a non-standard cable and I don't have one
handy. However, the router and various NICs show no errors so the hardware
thinks it is ok.

Thanks for the help guys. No point in wasting any more time on this.