[rescue] RPi vs SS20 benchmarks (interesting)

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Wed Dec 30 18:48:43 CST 2015

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 10:07 PM, Jonathan Patschke <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> For very-recent SPARC systems, yes.
>
> Solaris 11 feels like the OS that Solaris 10 was a painful beta for, but
> managing it doesn't feel much like managing Unix.  That might not be a bad
> thing.

I'm using Joyent's SmartOS on x86/64 for my server at home. It took a
little more learning than I wanted, but I shifted careers from Unix
Administration to security right around the time Solaris 10 came out,
so I found myself behind the learning curve.

What are the major differences between S11 and SmartOS, then?