[rescue] [geeks] Looking for a sysadmin gig in Houston/remote

Michael Thompson michael.99.thompson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 10:49:26 CST 2015

> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 09:28:17 -0600
> From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] [geeks] Looking for a sysadmin gig in
>         Houston/remote
>
> I assume you mean ISO9001 certification.
>
> I worked for two companies that sought ISO9001 certification, it basically
> boiled down to this:
>
> Do you have a quality process?
> Have you documented your quality process?
> Do your employees know the quality process?
> Do your employees follow the quality process?
>
> The quality process can be as simple as solicit feedback from clients,
> document & track feedback from clients, correlate product changes to
> customer
> feedback.
>
> The above is, of course, simplified, but not much. ISO9001 consultants
> like to
> talk about the fish restaurant in Japan that was ISO9001 certified - their
> quality process was apparently based on 'How are we doing?' Feedback cards
> on
> the tables...

Unfortunately getting ISO9001 certification has nothing to do with doing a
good job. The documented quality process could be "call customers, don't
listen to what they say, and do something that they don't want". As long as
the employees know, and follow the process you will get the certification.

--
Michael Thompson