[rescue] Cable Balls

Barry Callahan barryc at rjlsystems.com
Thu Sep 18 11:07:37 CDT 2014

On 9/18/2014 12:00 PM, r.stricklin wrote:
> There's no such thing as "Centronics SCSI". A parallel port on a
> Centronics printer has 36 positions. 50 positions makes it some other
> kind of parallel port. The connector is an Amphenol "Blue Ribbon".

Centronics-50 was, in fact, a standard connector for SCSI cables.
http://www.belkin.com/pyramid/AdvancedInfo/general/SCSI_Connectors.htm

And while I would not be surprised if other parallel buses used a 50-pin
port, I am not personally aware of one having been used to interface a
printer. If anyone's aware of one, PLEASE enlighten me. It'd be a bit of
computing history / trivia that I'd love to look into.