[rescue] Crucial M500 240GB SSD is $90 at Amazon and NewEgg

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 18:18:12 CST 2014

Crucial no longer sells the M300 series SSD.  The Crucial M500 series SSD
appears to be a different model.  The Crucial M500 has a 4.5 out of 5
rating on Amazon with over 1800 reviews.  Amazon doesn't carry the M300
series but there is a M550 series.

When I asked about the Crucial and the Intel, the M500 was endorsed by the
Geeks List.

I'm replacing a 7200RPM, 500GB drive with the Crucial M500.  It will be in
a laptop that is running Windows 10 Technical Review.  (I purchased a new
Dell laptop and found that my 9mm Segate HDD was taller than Dell's 7mm
WD.  Since that time, a family friend destroyed her laptop and wants this
one with Windows 8.1,  I'm going to move the test of Win10TP to an older
Dell N5050 laptop that I picked up from Craigslist.)  Afterwards all that,
I expect to put a Linux distro (Ubuntu, Mint, etc.) on it.