[rescue] The Machine Emulator (TME) on a Mac?

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Wed May 7 16:04:57 CDT 2014

> Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 12:40:07 -0400
> From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme at gmail.com>
>
> Out of curiousity, I decided to see if I could build it...
>
> One issue is that the Makefiles tell the compiler to treat Warnings as
> Errors (-Werror).
>
> Another is the file ic/ieee754/ieee754-misc-auto.c  Apparently, this file
> is generated by a non-portable shell script as it creates lines in the file
> which start with "-n". Removing the "-n"s allows that file to compile.
>
> Line 766 of host/gtk/gtk-keyboard.c is a bit of a WTF of preprocessor
> defines. You can probably just remove the #ifndef and #endif lines.
>
> At that point it compiles and installs, but at that point I can't get it to
> load any of the dynamic modules.

I got the -Werror issue resolved too (that's something that you can drive
with the configure ( I believe it was --nowarnings or something similar)
You can turn off the gtk stuff (that was described in README, I believe).
I got other files that died on compile (I'll have to check to see if it
was the ic/ieee754/ieee754-misc-auto.c file.  Not sure it was...

Please let me know if you have any further success... I will do the same.

But request is still out there, if folks have it running can they give me
pointers as to what they had to do to get 0.8 working?
(and what platform it's on?)

Earl