[rescue] Floppy disks and lifespans

YK apdxyk at gmail.com
Fri May 2 18:16:26 CDT 2014

Meelis,
I remember the days when we cut the holes rather crudely on the other side
of the Soviet 5.25 floppy to make them double-sided. One had to take into
the account the positioning of the indexing sensors and then make the new
hole symmetrical.

Tallinn had a strong IT and math base then, and I remember visiting the
Estonian Academy of Science Institutes that were busy with reverse
engineering the stuff KGB stole from IBM Netherlands. Good old Duke of
Moscow will be at it pretty soon again..

--

"I never considered the working class anything other than something to get
out of."

                                Dalton Trumbo