[rescue] WTB: Amiga 3000 or parts

Barry Callahan barryc at rjlsystems.com
Thu Mar 13 12:03:42 CDT 2014

On 03/13/2014 12:29 PM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net> wrote:
>> Someone needs to reproduce Amiga 3000 motherboards, miuns the customs :-)
>>
>        The A2000 might be an easier start. But, who owns the rights for
> those boards? And, can we get spare custom chips? If not, do we have
> enough info to make them?
>
> If I were to make them, I would want to make them with tons of slots. ;)

While it doesn't address the issue of "rights", a little googling
reveals schematics and service manuals are available for download from a
number of locations for different models (and revisions). FPGA
implementations of the custom chips (eg: Denise, Paula, Angus, and Gary)
can also be found.

Heck, http://www.techtravels.org/amiga/minimig/weeren001/minimig.html is
a Xilinx Spartan3 based clone of an A500.