[rescue] [geeks] Last Call - Ultra 5/10 parts

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Tue Mar 11 09:56:27 CDT 2014

> I've often thought that if I were in charge of security at something
> serious, one of my first dicta would be to never use anything with more
> than 50% market share: CPU architecture, OS, applications, networking,
> whatever.  It wouldn't be easy, especially with networking; indeed,
> there'd probably end up being a carveout for our border talking to the
> world....

Security is not a goal in itself - it's there to help something other to
function. I am afraid you could not afford to do what you described -
most security measures should be cost-effective or you end up paying
much more for your infrastructure than others and that needs to be
justified by very high and probable losses... meaning you have to run
some very risky but high-profit organization for that, and thnesea are
hard to find or hard to morally support.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)