[rescue] WTB: Amiga 3000 or parts

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:37:34 CST 2014

Looking at completed listings, it seems like -stock- A3Ks have typically been
running closer to $300 USD on eBay, but yeah the exceptions sometimes happen
as they are quite old and reasonably uncommon.

I know I could make my life a lot easier by finding a 1200 and upgrading it,
but I've already got a stash of upgrades and bits for the 3K. Also, for some
reason, computers that are built into keyboards really bother me :)

So I'm doomed to pay some money to put the system back on it's feet, but that
is something I've resigned myself to.

I actually picked up another 3K for parts recently pretty cheaply, but now I
just have two Amigas with bad logic boards.

But I have a lead on a working machine that will hopefully pan out.

Peter, you should get your 4K out and definitely make sure the caps aren't
leaking too bad. The audio circuit in them is particularly sensitive to damage
caused by the corrosive electrolyte sitting on the board.

Thanks,

- Ian