[rescue] Sun Systems need to go away

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Thu Feb 27 02:43:52 CST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 03:20:34AM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> Personally, I think the V240s are much nicer.  All the power of a V210,
but without as much noise.

Well yeah, all the power as a 210 at twice the size and more power
consumption. You do get 2 more drive bays and an extra PSU but is it really
worth another rack unit just for that?

Kicking it up a notch a V440 gives you the extra PSU and the 2 extra drive
bays over the V210, *and* 2 more CPUs. So that's an upgrade worth having.
For me the V240 is neither fish nor fowl.

> I am eager to find a new home for my V210.

I'm sure you'll find many options.