[rescue] Fixed LCD's?

Toby Thain toby at telegraphics.com.au
Wed Feb 19 21:25:54 CST 2014

On 19/02/14 2:07 PM, hike wrote:
> Frankly, a recommendation for "you can get a decent no
> name iron for 40 or sob
 is not very helpful for someone without any
> experience in this area.  Without a manufacturer model number, it is
> impossible for a novice to decide whether a b
no name ironb
 is actually a
> good soldering iron.  Specifics help novices find things (and possibly
> knowledgable people to help in learning).

I don't even know what brand my iron is. I do know that it's not fancy.
If it wasn't good enough to desolder and resolder POWER capacitors (one
of the simplest soldering jobs) then I would have to find another one.

Do, or do not.

--Toby