[rescue] Fixed LCD's?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Feb 19 17:28:09 CST 2014

Am 19.02.14 20:07, schrieb hike:
> Without a manufacturer model number, it is
> impossible for a novice to decide whether a b
no name ironb
 is actually a
> good soldering iron.
It is good that you point this out. My recommendation for a good iron is
the ERSA Multitip C25. But ERSA is probably not big in busines at your
side of The Pond. (ERSA is a german company.) You may also consider a
used Metcal SP200 soldering station.

Let me add a note on the OKI MFR-2241: You don't need an expensive
rework station like the MFR-2241. A normal soldering station, i.e.
MFR-1110, will do as well for less then half the price of the MFR-2241.
The Thermaltronics TMT-2000S is a good alternative to the MFR-1110.
But it is still in the $$$ range. Nothing I recommend for a novice.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen