[rescue] Fixed LCD's?

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 15:57:13 CST 2014

So and based on the information in the thread, it takes at least $300 of
equipment/stuff to de-solder a failed cap and resolver a new cap.  This is
in addition to learning to solder well enough to tackle this process.  So,
herebs another reason people chuck failed LCDs in the binbthe high cost
of
entry to be able to do repairs.  I would think that I would have to sell 10
repaired monitors to cover the cost of equipment/supplies.

The second set of suggested equipment with supplies would be at least $800
and that would make the break even point even further out.

So while some lament the fact of failed hardware being thrown out, it
really is a good choice just to take to the recycle and buy a new one at
the store/eBay/Craigslist/NewEgg.  (For us, there is a recycle place at the
dump where we take our garbage.  No extra gas needed.)

The biggest issues for me personally are (1) finding someone or some place
to train me how to do this process and (2) how to find $300 in my already
tight budget.  A minor issue is finding a supplier of failed LCDs.  There
are several businesses that I could contact close to me.