[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 135, Issue 9

Fred FRED at MISER.MISERNET.NET
Thu Feb 13 10:37:56 CST 2014

>From:	IN%"rescue at sunhelp.org" 13-FEB-2014 08:39:38.95
>To:	IN%"rescue at sunhelp.org"
>CC:
>Subj:	rescue Digest, Vol 135, Issue 9

[discussion about repairing LCD displays, throwaway society, etc]

... and it gets even better!

I have a shredder, and it cost over $100.  About a tad over a year in it quit.
I was NOT going to purchase a new shredder, and after some research a $0.34US
zener diode was all it took to fix. (and 20 minutes of dis/re-assemble and
soldering).

Most people would have thrown it out and purchased another.

I agree that the problem needs to be fixed.  I do not have the answer.  We are
all smart people (I would assume) on this list, perhaps we should run for
office in our respective countries?  *ducks*

Seriously though, I'm of the opinion that there is *always* a fix for a
particular problem.  I'm having a tough time coming up with one in this
instance (actually I could, but most folks would probably bristle at it,
myself included, however it would serve the greater good and replace "short
term profits" with "long term thinking".)

Fred